Shalandra Champ is more than just one of our favorite cast members from Beauty and the Geek. She’s a working mom, a fearless go-getter, and as of now…officially a “Beauty” turned “Geek!” Today she shares the truth about life after being a reality TV star, and so much more. Listen in on a spirited, intimate conversation as we relive some moments from season four of Beauty and the Geek. Plus Shalandra, a.k.a. “Shay” offers some advice anyone, anywhere can use. This ep is a lot of fun – and you’ll find it surprisingly useful!
Shalandra Champ Loved Life Before, During, and After Reality TV
Shalandra Champ first stumbled into our lives at an open call for season four of Beauty and the Geek back in 2007 (a decade ago!) On the show, she paired up with Joshua Green for one of the most memorable Beauty and the Geek duos ever..
How did it change her life? Would she do it again? What’s life been like since?
Shay: The Perfect Reality TV Contestant
Shay is just as authentic today as she was when Joke first met her in Little Rock, Arkansas all those years ago. Which is why today’s ep was such a blast to record. It’s also why she was so beloved on Beauty and the Geek.
Just some of what we cover today:
- How reality TV contestants can change each other’s lives for the better
- Are reality TV contestants recognized years later, or does that notoriety fade?
- What’s it like being eliminated from a reality TV show?
- Advice for those considering auditioning for a reality show
- The infamous bug challenge – and Joke’s big fib!
- And…how to turn a question mark…into an exclamation point!
Shalandra Champ shares real insights about life as a reality TV star…and a real person. Whether you’re a producer who wants to know more about how your contestants will feel after a TV show, or a real person who wants to be on a TV show, this ep is for you! Hit that giant “Play” button above now!
Transcript Coming Soon!
Helpful and Related Links
- This episode on Great Traits of Reality TV Characters – no wonder Shay was such a hit!
- Follow us on Twitter: @JokeAndBiagio – we’re around often and try to respond to most tweets.
Let’s Make Some TV Together
Trying to break into unscripted television, reality TV, documentary series, or true crime? Want to pitch to our company? Here’s how:
Sign up for our newsletter and you'll learn how to submit your unscripted concepts to us. You'll also learn how to develop, pitch, and sell reality TV shows and documentary series, and improve your filmmaking skills. From time to time we'll even tell you exactly what kind of shows we're looking for: