Here’s one of the best tips we have to help you pitch and sell projects to Hollywood. This secret will help you sell screenplays, scripted television, documentaries, novels, unscripted television and reality TV. What is the magical piece of advice?
One Hook Is Not Enough. You Need Two.
We never, ever go out with a pitch unless we can answer the question, “What is our second hook?”
After you’ve read our free 10,000 word guide on pitching reality television, this tip will take your pitches to a new level.
Today’s podcast ep breaks down what this advice means and how to use it.
What we’ve got for you this episode:
- Understanding second hooks
- How the movie Armageddon, TV Shows Elementary and 24 and our own shows Don’t Trust Andrew Mayne and Caged all make use of second hooks
- How recognizing a real-life second hook helped us sell a documentary
- Joke’s first person account of seeing a major Hollywood film producer resurrect a project by adding a second hook
- Why you should not pitch us a travel show unless you really grasp the second hook concept
Press the giant PLAY button above to start using second hooks to sell your pitches today.
Transcript coming soon!
Come Make a Show With Us!
Craft that sweet second hook and bring us some shows!
Read our in-depth page about how to pitch us a show. It also talks about what it’s really like to work in our business, the unscripted TV and film industry.