You’re one of the smart ones. Instead of wasting time on larger-than life formats (which are all long shots) or magazine-style travel shows (which no one wants) you understand that the fastest way to break into unscripted television is to find great, real life characters and build a show around them. After all, you’ve read our in-depth guide to pitching reality shows. But there’s one rule you need to be aware of if you want to be seen as a pro, and perhaps more importantly, keep your sanity. What’s the rule?
Best Cast Wins.
When we first heard this phrase from an exec years ago, we were surprised. What did it mean? Why was it part of the business?
Just a few things we cover today:
- Why ideas aren’t enough.
- Could your terrific cast be all wrong?
- What happens when execs and production companies have to choose between competing projects?
- How can you give yourself the best chance at presenting a “winning” cast?
- Where can you look to learn exactly what casts work for which networks?
- Why understanding this rule can mentally prepare you for long-term success.
Hit the giant PLAY button above to instantly increase your odds of getting a job in Hollywood.
Transcript coming soon!
Helpful and Related Links
Subscribe to Joke and Biagio on Youtube.
Seriously, subscribe. Biagio has talked Joke into going on camera. A minor miracle.
Come Make a Show With Us!
Okay, you’ve found the best cast! You win! Here’s what’s next:
Read our in-depth page about how to pitch us a show. It also talks about what it’s really like to work in our business, the unscripted TV and film industry.