Get great interviews? Many of you have asked — now we deliver! Here it is – your checklist for how to get great interviews for documentary series, reality TV, and doc specials.
Get Great Interviews that are Money!
Did we say money? As in the monetary unit of several former Spanish colonies? Why, yes we did.
Today you’ll learn tips and tricks that will improve your interview skills beyond those shown by many people already working in unscripted film and TV professionally, and pointers to ensure you get great interviews:
- The Acronym PESO and why Joke came up with it to get great interviews.
- The proper way to plan for your interviews.
- The interview responses that make all the difference — and HOW YOU can, and must, get them.
- The delicate balance between conversations and sound bites.
- How to avoid making your characters sound like robots and get great interviews instead.
- When it’s okay to break the connection with your subject.
- Keeping your subject in the zone.
Hit the giant PLAY button above and start to get great interviews today!
Transcript coming soon!
Helpful and Related Links
Subscribe to Joke and Biagio on Youtube.
Seriously, subscribe. Biagio has talked Joke into going on camera. A minor miracle.
Come Make a Show With Us!
No doubt you’re now capable of getting some great interviews. So put together some tape and let’s make a TV show together!
You know what’s next:
Read our in-depth page about how to pitch us a show. It also talks about what it’s really like to work in our business, the unscripted TV and film industry.