Want to go from idea to TV series? You’ll learn a lot in today’s podcast. In less than a week our new show Don’t Trust Andrew Mayne premieres on A&E. Today, we share our secrets about how we sold the show, made the show, and almost burned Biagio’s face off in the process.
Killer tips on making TV you won’t get anywhere else, as we give away inside secrets and laugh it up with our fellow executive producers Mary Jaras and Andrew Mayne (yes, THAT Andrew Mayne, who also stars in the show).
Just a few of the insider secrets we’ll share:
- The impromptu breakfast pitch that lead to selling the show.
- Why, even in a magic show, story still trumps everything.
- How Stu Maschwitz and his book The DV Rebel’s Guide inspired how we made this show.
- What happens when your budget is gone and you still need to make creative changes to a TV pilot?
- Shaping your show on the fly, while filming, to get better content.
- What it’s like to know you’ll be a TV Star in less than a week.
- How Andrew almost burned Biagio’s face off. Twice.
Press the giant red “Play” button above for to listen now.
See What We’re Talking About in Six Days
Don’t Trust Andrew Mayne premieres on Monday, January 13th, at 10pm on A&E. There will be two episodes back-to-back, one at 10pm and one at 10:30pm.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter as we’ll be live-tweeting during the episodes.
Here’s a few great video promos:
Don’t Trust Andrew Mayne
Don’t Trust Andrew Mayne has been in the works for a long, long time, and you’ve heard about it in many past podcast eps. If you managed to miss all the hoopla, here’s more about Don’t Trust Andrew Mayne.
Press the giant red “Play” button above for a candid discussion about making Don’t Trust Andrew Mayne.
Transcript coming soon!
- Andrew Mayne on Twitter.
- Andrew Mayne official web site.
- Mary Jaras on Twitter.
- Joke and Biagio on Twitter.
- Joke and Biagio posts about Don’t Trust Andrew Mayne.
- Official A&E Don’t Trust Andrew Mayne web page.
- Official A&E Don’t Trust Andrew Mayne Facebook page.
Come Make a Show With Us!
After today’s episode you better understand why a great piece of talent is a must for your show pitch.
So what’s next?
Read our in-depth page about how to pitch us a show. It also talks about what it’s really like to work in our business, the unscripted TV and film industry.