You asked, we answered. These are the tools we use to make television. Many are free or inexpensive. All have free or less expensive alternatives. Learn our secrets. Save yourself time and money while developing TV shows or breaking into the business. Plus…Biagio was in a cage match? Huh?
Nothing Has To Be Expensive Anymore
One of the big misconceptions we hear is that “you need expensive software to do pro work.”
That’s just not true. We do use some expensive software – because we like it and can afford it. We could also do just about everything we do (for pilots and presentations, at least) with free or inexpensive alternatives.
So today we want to tell you exactly what we use every single day to do our work. We’ll also mention free or less expensive alternatives that do the same thing. More than anything, we want you to know that if something works for you…well, that’s all that matters!
Just some of what we cover today:
- A surprising camera secret you might not know
- The number one tool we use for casting — and it’s free
- A little known Quicktime feature that saves us time and money
- Software we use for writing – and it’s probably not what you think
- The free office software suite you should know about
- How we share files — and videos
- And…that time Biagio charged into an MMA cage fight match
For all this and more (and did we mention that Biagio cage match story?) hit that giant PLAY button at the top of this page!
Transcript Coming Soon!
Helpful and Related Links
- How to Pitch a Reality Show – everything you ever wanted to know in this free 10,000 word guide.
- Follow us on Twitter! @jokeandbiagio
Let’s Make Some TV Together
Trying to break into unscripted TV, reality television, or documentary series? Want to pitch to our company? Here’s how:
Sign up for our newsletter and you'll learn how to submit your unscripted concepts to us. You'll also learn how to develop, pitch, and sell reality TV shows and documentary series, and improve your filmmaking skills. From time to time we'll even tell you exactly what kind of shows we're looking for: