You already know we want to team up with you to make some great TV. But what does that mean for you? How you can increase your odds for success not just with us, but in the industry? Here you go:
This Episode – 5 Ways You Can Break Into Unscripted Television
Not everyone’s the same. We get that. But whether you realize it or not, when it comes to working in reality TV, documentary series, or unscripted television in general, you probably fit into one of these five categories:
- You want your own show starring you
- You already work in the industry but feel like you have no one to pitch to
- You’re not in the business, but you are a hands-on proudcer, Youtuber, videographer, or other visual storyteller
- You’re a journalist of some kind
- You want to be a “part-time player.”
People in everyone one of those categories are people we’d be excited to team up with.
The important part is that you decide which category works best for YOU, so that you spend your time and resources wisely.
Today we’ll answer these questions for you:
- How should you spend your time once you know which category is right for you?
- What surprising skills do have that you might not realize are valuable?
- How do you work with us without up-rooting your whole life?
- Do you really need filmmaking skills to pitch to us?
- What does it mean when we pass on one of your ideas?
- Are we still selling shows with people like you?
- Is Biagio STILL really working on a new top-secret geeky project for listeners of this podcast who also subscribe to the newsletter?
Press the giant PLAY button above to learn to make your paper pitches sing, and to wow us with your high level of skill and professionalism!
Transcript coming soon!
Come Make a Show With Us!
Okay, you’ve got 5 new ways to break into reality TV with us.
Plus, you’re dying to know what this geeky project Biagio is working on is all about.
So what’s next?
Sign up for our newsletter and you'll learn how to submit your unscripted concepts to us. You'll also learn how to develop, pitch, and sell reality TV shows and documentary series, and improve your filmmaking skills. From time to time we'll even tell you exactly what kind of shows we're looking for: